SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — Representatives for Ricky Martin have denied the allegations that led to a restraining order against the Puerto Rican superstar, who has not been charged.
Police said on Saturday that a judge issued an order against Martin, but authorities trying to comply with the order could not find the superstar in the Puerto Rican city of Dorado, where he lives. The order was filed under Puerto Rico’s domestic violence law, and police spokesman Axel Valencia said he could not provide more details, including who filed the order.
Martin’s representatives described the allegations as “completely false and fabricated,” People magazine reported. Representatives are not named.
“We are very confident that when the true facts of this case come to light, our client Ricky Martin will be fully exonerated,” they told the magazine.
Puerto Rico newspaper El Vocero reported that the order said Martin and the other man had been dating for seven months. The report cites an order stating that they broke up two months ago, but the complainant says that Martin did not accept the breakup and was seen hanging around the complainant’s house on at least three occasions.
“The applicant fears for his safety,” El Vocero quoted the order.
AP did not receive a copy of the order.
Copyright 2022 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed.